Research Centre on Health, Quality of Life and Lifestyle in a Geodemographic and Socioeconomic Context (GeoQol) is an interdisciplinary oriented working group of scientific researchers, composed primarily of science teachers and students of the Department of Social Geography and Regional Development, Faculty of Science on the Charles University in Prague and the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London. Research center is mainly interested in the analysis of the current state of the population health, individual and social ways of its care, as well as environmental impacts and socio-economic climate on human health. All this in the context of the changing intensity of the effects on health of the aimed population.
Main research topics are:
- population health and its geographical distribution
- social epidemiology and social psychiatry
- quality of life, social exclusion and integration of selected population groups into the majority with focus on immigrants and health-handicapped
- lifestyle during the transformation period
- shopping, retail and customer behaviour
- value orientation in transforming society
- gender issues, queer geographies
You can find us in the “geography building” of the Faculty of Science on the Charles University in Prague.