Social Epidemiology is a unique study program for master students in Czechia. It consists of interdisciplinary courses that in sum take two years for completion. Social Epidemiology provides an oportunity for a wide spectrum of students with bachelor desgrees from various related backgrounds. Absolvents of this program can further excell in doctoral programmes specificelly than…
Quality of life and health of imigrants
Health inequalities are unfair and avoidable differences in health between population groups defined socially, economically, demographically or geographically. They are strongly affected by the circumstances in which people are born, grow, live, work and age, and by the policies influencing these circumstances.
Dagmar Dzúrová & Dušan Drbohlav
In impacted journals (2005-2014)
- Dzurova, Drbohlav (2014): „Gender inequalities in the health of immigrants and workplace discrimination in Czechia” , BioMed Research International, Public Health, doi:10.1155/2014/480425
- Dzúrová, Winkler, Drbohlav (2014): „Immigrants’ access to health insurance: no equality without awareness“, Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2014, 11, (7), 7144-7153, doi:10.3390/ijerph110707144
- Malmusi, Drbohlav, Dzurova, Palencia, Borrell (2014): „Inequalities in healthcare access by type of visa in a context of restrictive health insurance policy: the case of Ukranians in Czechia“, International Journal of Public Health, DOI: 10.1007/s00038-014-0592-4
- DRBOHLAV, D.; DZÚROVÁ, D. (2013): Illegal Migration across the Czech State Border “before the Schengen” (… apprehended migrants in Czech detention centers).Časopis výzkumu a aplikací v profesionální bezpečnosti [online], 2013, roč. 6, speciální č. Migrace, http://www.bozpinfo.cz/josra/josra-migrace/illegal-migration.html
- DRBOHLAV, D., ŠTYCH, P. DZÚROVÁ, D. (2013): Smuggled Versus Not Smuggled Across the Czech Border, International Migration Review, 47,1,1-32 (IF: 1.149), DOI: 10.1111/imre.12018,
- PIKHART, H., DRBOHLAV, D., DZÚROVÁ, D. (2010): The Self-reported Health of Legal and Illegal/Irregular Immigrants in the Czech Republic, International Journal of Public Health, Oct;55(5):401-11, (IF=0,6), doi: 10.1007/s00038-010-0156-1
- DRBOHLAV, D., DZÚROVÁ, D. (2007): „Where Are They Going“? – Immigrants´ Inclusions in the Czech Republic (A Case Study on Ukrainians, Vietnamese and Armenians in Prague), International Migration, Jun, 45, 2, 69-95 (IF 0.481), doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2435.2007.00404.x
Chapters in books
- DRBOHLAV, D, ČERNÍK, J., DZUROVA, D.. (2005): Dimension of Integration: Migrant Youth in Central European Countries: Country Report on the Czech Republic, In: Dimension of Integration: Migrant Youth in Central European Countries, IOM International Organization for Migration, Vienna, s. 51-100.